1 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup Water
pinch of salt
1 cups of Dal cooked
1 large onion chopped
1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
1/ 2tsp. turmeric powder
salt to taste
oil for frying
* In a bowl mix together flour, salt and oil. With hands mix it well till the mixture is coarse.
* Add water and knead into a smooth dough.
* Leave it for about half an hour and prepare the filling in the meantime.
* In a saucepan heat 2 tbsp of oil.
* Add chopped onions. Fry till golden brown.
* Add rest of the spices- garam masala, turmeric powder, salt and ginger garlic paste.
* When the spices are cooked add Dal and let it cook for few minutes.
* Add chopped coriander mix well.
* Let the Dal filling cool before making samosas.Making Samosas
* Make small balls from the dough. Roll each ball into a big round. It should not be very thin.
* Cut it into 2 halves using a knife. Pick one half and make a cone out of it.
* Add the filling into the cone. Seam the mouth and open edges with a little water, by pressing the ends. Take care in doing this so that it may not open while frying.
* Do the same with the rest of the dough.
* When done, heat oil in a wok and deep fry all the samosas till golden brown.
* Serve them hot with ketchup.
Note: To remove excess oil, press the samosas on paper napkins.